While you wait out the April showers for the May flowers, why not look beyond the annual ritual of spring cleaning and tidy up your tech?
Since technology affects so much of our lives, think about how you can upgrade, upload, back up and protect the devices you rely on every day. This was the theme of a recent “Spring Cleaning Your Tech” satellite media tour we coordinated for our client, avast! Free Antivirus. Here’s our short list to help get your digital spring cleaning started. Naturally, we think you should start by downloading a top-rated free antivirus software like avast! to keep your computer free from viruses and malware. But there are some other good tips that can make life easier.
- Back up, back up, back up. Imagine the horror of losing your everything stored on your hard drive? Find a good program like Carbonite and make sure your photos, archives, and everything else is protected.
- Be green! While cleaning out closets and junk drawers, recycle the batteries in old electronics and cell phones. Programs like Verizon’s HopeLine and Call2Recycle can help take them off your hands and turn them into something good (and green)!
- Get an air duster and clean all parts of your computer. Dust build-up will eventually slow your system.
- Filter through your inbox and delete junk emails and meeting requests that aren’t important. You’ll feel better starting your day with a refreshed email desktop.
- Wipe down your phone, mouse, keyboard and anything else you are constantly touching. Germs be gone!
We’d love to hear your tips. How will you tackle your digital spring cleaning?« TGIF: It’s April Fools Day, Watch Your Back! | TGIF: When Is It Time For A Remake? »