We kick off the year with National Trivia Day, which is tomorrow. Trivia is an undying trend – from trivial pursuit to Jeopardy and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire to weekday Trivia Nights at your local bar.
Public Relations professionals often need to be immersed in everything, from pop culture and politics to entertainment, business mergers and more! When it comes to PR in the past, how much do we know? Test your knowledge with these history questions on PR:
- Who created the first modern press release? And in what year?
- In what year was Google’s first press release announced?
- When was the PRSA chartered?
But as 2012 begins, it’s not so much about the historical data that is important but what you should know as a Public Relations professional. Here’s a sample of trivia questions to prove that you belong in PR:
- What does SMT stand for?
- What is the average lead-time for long-lead publications?
- What company represented the Avenger gaming controller and sparked some negative news the past month?
- Is The New York Times a national publication?
- Who was Kim Kardashian’s ex-publicist (whom she sued in November)?
- When did the iPhone 5 release?
The last one may be a trick question, but let us know your answers and see how you did!« TGIF: Words of Wisdom for 2012 | TGIF: Pre-CES Musings »